The Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) has rolled out a redesigned website and app in order to provide a more user-friendly digital experience for fans.
- New WNBA App mirrors relaunched National Basketball Association (NBA) platform, with ‘stories’ bar and vertical video feed
- WNBA League Pass to be integrated into the new app, allowing subscribers to stream games on their phone, tablet or connected devices
- Users able to share highlights via social-style vertical videos
- Reigning MVP A’ja Wilson to star in three-part series centred on the Las Vegas Aces’ preparations to defend their title
- App and website to feature curated short-form content including quick highlights, recaps and on-court analysis
- Original programming to include short-form series telling stories covering different WNBA athletes throughout the season
- Off-court content to include features of WNBA cities and fashion trends in the league
The refreshed look for the WNBA’s app and website comes as part of an 18-month digital transformation initiative that also saw the formation of a dedicated WNBA digital and content team. The league worked with Deloitte to drive changes to its digital products, using funds from a US$75 million investment raised last year.
“The reimagined WNBA App and WNBA.com delivers a more accessible, immersive, and authentic experience to our fans,” said Colie Edison, the WNBA’s chief growth officer. “With Deloitte’s insights and collaboration, we have been able to increase capacity and supercharge our output, taking our digital products to the next level.”
The tip-off of the upcoming WNBA season on 19th May will give fans an opportunity to interact more with the league’s revamped digital platforms.