The Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) has announced a multi-year partnership with CarMax, with the car retailer to be added to the league’s top Changemaker sponsorship tier.
- CarMax to focus on driving the WNBA’s brand awareness and building the brand of players
- Car retailer to sponsor initiative offering fans a free trial of the League Pass subscription streaming service
- Company to host annual media sessions for WNBA players
- WNBA and CarMax to collaborate on annual content series centred on player storytelling, which will be distributed on the league’s digital and social media platforms
- CarMax to be a feature partner of marquee WNBA events, including the Commissioner’s Cup and the All-Star Game
- CarMax to have an expanded presence in arenas and across the WNBA’s media and digital platforms, including through virtual signage
- Firm remains the official auto retailer of both the WNBA and the National Basketball Association (NBA)
CarMax is the latest addition to the WNBA’s Changemaker sponsorship tier, joining AT&T, Deloitte, Google, Nike and US Bank. The company is already a local team partner for the likes of the New York Liberty, Phoenix Mercury and Washington Mystics.
“Through its dedication to the WNBA and its decision to step up to become one of our WNBA Changemakers, CarMax has demonstrated the commitment that women’s sports and the WNBA needs and deserves,” said Cathy Engelbert, WNBA commissioner.
CarMax will be the presenting partner for the WNBA 2023 season’s opening weekend, which tips off on 19th May.