- Blank’s TGL team to represent Atlanta
- TGL outfit becomes joins AMBSE’s portfolio alongside the Falcons and Major League Soccer’s (MLS) Atlanta United
- TGL previously announced a Los Angeles-based team owned by tennis legends Venus and Serena Williams alongside the latter’s husband, Reddit founder Alexis Ohanian, while a Boston franchise has been snapped up by the Fenway Sports Group (FSG)
- Dick Sullivan, chief executive of the PGA Tour’s Superstore owned by Blank, will oversee the Atlanta team
- Blank told reporters the investment made into the league was “significant” and that he expects the venture to be profitable
TGL is the first project launched by TMRW Sports, a joint venture launched by Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and former NBC Sports executive Mike McCarley. The technology-fused golf league, of which McCarley is the chief executive, is pitch innovation and a shorter format to appeal to a wider audience. Woods and McIlroy are among 12 top golfers who have committed to playing in the competition.
“I see this as an investment to grow the game, deliver an innovative product to avid fans while exposing golf to new, younger audiences, and another way for us to compete for championships for Atlanta,” said Blank.
“We will put our best foot forward in effort to achieve all three goals and to help TGL achieve success in any way we can.”
Expect the TGL to announce the team ownership groups for the remaining three franchises ahead of the competition’s debut in 2024.