The National Football League (NFL) will have a wild card playoff game exclusively live streamed for the first time on NBC Universal’s Peacock next season.
- Peacock to stream NFL wild card game on 13th January 2024 at 8pm ET
- Game to follow NBC and Peacock’s coverage of another wild card game in the late afternoon
- One-year deal worth US$110 million, according to The Wall Street Journal (WSJ)
- NBCUniversal to become the first media company to present three NFL playoff games in a single weekend
- Peacock exclusive wild card game and regular season game will be broadcast on NBC stations in the two competing team cities, and available on mobile devices with NFL+
Earlier this month, Peacock was announced as the exclusive home for an NFL regular-season game between the Buffalo Bills and the Los Angeles Chargers on 23rd December. The platform will also non-exclusively stream all NBC Sunday Night Football games throughout the season, including the playoffs.
“Expanding the digital distribution of NFL content while maintaining wide reach for our games continues to be a key priority for the league, and bringing the excitement of an NFL playoff game exclusively to Peacock’s streaming platform is the next step in that strategy,” said Hans Schroeder, NFL executive vice president and chief operating officer of NFL Media.
The first pre-season game of the upcoming NFL campaign between the Cleveland Browns and the New York Jets will be shown on NBC on 3rd August.