Minor League Baseball (MiLB) has confirmed a multi-year national broadcast partnership with Bally’s that will see all games stream for free on the betting brand’s digital platform.
- Deal marks minor league’s first ever national media broadcast deal, covering 120 teams
- Bally Live will also offer chat and watch party features around MiLB games
- Agreement includes rights to live content from select partner-owned linear and over-the-air channels, with coverage of more than 7,000 games in total
- Bally’s also gets exclusive fantasy and gaming partner designation
- Official MiLB marks will be made available for branded campaigns, with Bally’s also getting visibility thoughout ballparks, broadcasts and digital platforms
Operational control of the minors was taken on by Major League Baseball (MLB) in 2021 and the Bally’s deal now represents the most wide-reaching agreement secured for MiLB since the restructure. The broadcast partnership, which was first reported by the New York Post last month, deepens Bally’s relationship with baseball, where its brand is present through a naming rights deal with the 19 Sinclair-owned regional sports networks (RSNs) that have local broadcast rights agreements covering a number of MLB franchises.
“Since assuming operations of Minor League Baseball in 2021, we’ve focused on growing the reach and awareness of our impressive young prospects and iconic MiLB teams,” said Kenny Gersh, MLB’s executive vice president of media and business development.
“Bally’s Corporation will be a critical partner for us in achieving that goal, providing extensive distribution of live MiLB broadcasts and enhancing the fan experience with fun and predictive free-to-play, fantasy, and real-money games that uphold the integrity of the sport.”
Alongside game coverage, Bally’s will now set about introducing the MiLB fan engagement features on the digital platform. Users will be able to earn Bally Bucks rewards points through engagement with the free-to-play MiLB games, which are redeemable for experiential rewards and merchandise through Bally Live.