Spanish soccer’s LaLiga has teamed up with sports startup accelerator Sportboost to launch ‘Meet LaLiga’, a programme designed to find startups able to provide artificial intelligence (AI) based solutions.
- ‘Meet LaLiga’ wants to attract startups offering tech solutions that help optimise processes, improve productivity and contribute to improving the sports industry
- Startup needs to have a minimum viable product already launched in the market
- Up to five startups will be chosen as winners and will get the opportunity to present their projects and interact directly with decision makers from LaLiga and SportBoost, as well as possible key players within the AI ecosystem
- LaLiga and SportBoost to promote ‘Meet LaLiga’ event and successful startups via their digital assets and media plan
- LaLiga and SportBoost could take an equity stake through pre-emptive rights in a company’s future financing round
- SportBoost may make its acceleration programme available to winning startups
- LaLiga open to implementing a pilot programme with the winning companies that provide a ‘differential and disruptive concept’
In 2021, LaLiga was announced as a partner of Sportboost, which was founded by Real Madrid legend Iker Casillas. Last year, they both launched a call for startups to find solutions for fan engagement.
Startups have until 16th June to submit their proposals to LaLiga and Sportboost.