Soccer’s Frauen Bundesliga has announced a new deal with Google which sees the technology giant’s device brand Pixel become the German women’s top flight’s new naming rights partner.
- Deal to run from 2023/24 to 2026/27 season
- Google Pixel to have its logo on the right shirt sleeves of all clubs
- Logo will also feature in stadiums via TV-relevant advertising rights
- Pixel obtains extensive digital activation rights, enabling integration into fans’ matchday experiences and league-related content creation
- Pixel to boost visibility of Frauen Bundesliga, as well as support league with ‘innovative fan solutions’ and ‘the football community at large’
Google Pixel will replace FlyerAlarm as the league’s title sponsor. The deal comes after Google’s tie-up last week with the German Football Association (DFB) to sponsor the women’s national team.
The technology firm currently has a top-tier sponsorship deal with the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA) and became the first global women’s basketball partner of the International Basketball Federation (Fiba) last year.
“This comprehensive cooperation is a strong signal for the relevance and development of women’s football in Germany,” said Holger Blask, managing director for marketing, sales and events at the DFB.
“Together we will further strengthen the visibility and attractiveness of the women’s Bundesliga. Through its broad commitment, Google makes a significant contribution to generating the attention that our top athletes deserve for women’s football.”
The Frauen Bundesliga sponsorship kicks off on 1st July, with the DFB and Google also set to activate their partnership covering the women’s national team at this summer’s Fifa Women’s World Cup.