The ONE Championship is one of the biggest stories in Asian sport, growing from its inception towards a billion-dollar valuation in five years, and the first SportsPro of 2017 features a behind-the-scenes look at its final 2016 event in Manila.
Founder and SportsPro Live 2017 speaker Chatri Sityodtong and chief executive Victor Cui talk to Michael Long about their vision for the mixed martial arts series, and about how they have built the team that has taken it this far.
Elsewhere in Issue 92
- With one year to go until the next Winter Olympic Games, PyeongChang 2018 president Lee Hee-beom tells Adam Nelson about how he expects the local organising committee to overcome commercial difficulties and political uncertainty in South Korea to deliver an outstanding event. Peter Hutton also reveals how Eurosport intends to make the most of its debut as Europe's Olympic broadcaster.
- Live sport will continue its move to social media in a big way in 2017, and SportsPro looks at what the key players are up to and considers the implications of this trend.
- The new SmartSeries continues with a look at smart data and how technologies like messaging bots, wearables and VPAs could soon change how the sports business produces and reacts to information.
- The ten influencers returns for 2017, looking at key figures in politics, brands and the media who will shape the 12 months ahead.
- And with Donald Trump installed as the 45th President of the United States, the latest entry in the SportsPro Stories series considers how his activities in the sports industry helped shape an American myth.
Issue 92 includes all of SportsPro's regular features and columnists and you can subscribe here now.