Alpari World Match Racing Tour
The Alpari World Match Racing Tour (formerly known as the World Match Racing Tour - WMRT) is the leading professional sailing series featuring World Championship events across the globe, sanctioned by the International Sailing Federation (ISAF) with “Special Event” status.
The World Tour awards over US$1.75million in prize money with points awarded at each event culminating in the crowning of the “ISAF Match Racing World Champion”. The prize fund includes a US$500,000 overall prize pool for the top nine teams in the Championship.
Events take place in identically supplied racing yachts to place the focus on team work and skill. Racing takes place close to the shore so that spectators and fans can follow the racing in a virtual on-the-water stadium.
Media and television highlights coverage reaches in excess of 183 countries around the world.
For more information, visit www.wmrt.com
What is Match Racing?
A match race can be described as a duel between two identically-matched boats with a winner -and a loser.
When two boats are on the starting line, the race is called match racing. Match racing has its own set of rules, which are slightly different from the regular racing rules that create very close, aggressive competition in which collisions are certainly not rare.
Match racing also has on-the-water judging, with umpires doling out "instant justice" on the water.
Match racing is tremendously exciting to participate in. And, unlike watching other sailing competitions, match racing can be thrilling to watch. Before the start, the boats vie for control, circling each other and trying to wipe each other off on spectator boats in an elaborate game of cat and mouse.
- The match racing course resembles an oval shape with the Start/Finish line close to shore.
- The course consists of a starting line, between two marks, laid at right angles to the wind's direction.
- The boats begin from the starting line and sail upwind to the first mark to be rounded to the starboard (right side). The spinnakers are set, and the duel continues downwind to the second mark that is laid in close proximity to the starting line 100-meters further up the course.
- The boats round the marks 2-3 times before the winner crosses the Finish line.
The Alpari World Match Racing Tour offers a tremendous marketing platform with close competition, direct interaction with top athletes and worldwide media attention. The Tour offers an established series of professionally managed events featuring America’s Cup teams and the top names in the sport. We pride ourselves on our close working relationships with all of our partners and on the development and implementation of marketing programmes which have a very strong focus on identifiable and measurable return on investment.
A RELATIONSHIP WITH THE TOUR:• Lets you efficiently target specific niche markets
• Enhances your image and shapes clients’ attitudes
• Delivers extensive global media coverage
• Guarantees highly visual branding on racing yachts
• Provides high end hospitality in shore side marquees overlooking the competition
• Allows brands to create “Once in a lifetime” experiences including sailing with the top skippers
• Offers opportunities to showcase products to the public and customers
• Engages with high-end demographic, ABC1 target group
• Provides B2B, B2C and B2G marketing platform
If you would like to know more about sponsorship opportunities with the Alpari World Match Racing Tour, please contact us at [email protected]
Ferry operator Stena has penned a five-year extension to its title sponsorship of the Swedish leg of the Alpari World Match Racing Tour.
Global trading group Alpari, title sponsor of the Alpari World Match Racing Tour sailing series, will support the BlackMatch Racing team at this week’s Monsoon Cup in Malaysia.
Alpari has become the title sponsor of sailing's World Match Racing Tour for the next five years.
Sailing's World Match Racing Tour has agreed a three-year partnership with Garrard.
Three new sponsors have declared their support of the St. Moritz Match Race, the Swiss stopover of the ISAF World Match Racing Tour.
The ISAF World Match Racing Tour (WMRT), one of the world's premier professional sailing series, has appointed London-based agency Capitalize to manage its global PR for the remaining five races of this year's tour.
The ISAF World Match Racing Tour has secured an official clothing partner.
4 Junction Mews
c/o The Shipyard
ProMatch Tour Limited
Datuk Patrick Lim
Other ways to connect with Alpari World Match Racing Tour
Send An Enquiry to Alpari World Match Racing Tour