The in-house editorial team at SportsPro is responsible for the production of class-leading output across a range of platforms including the flagship magazine - published six times a year, whitepapers, an annual business guide for motorsport, several annual industry events plus sportspromedia.com and its associated digital channels.
Working alongside the SportsPro editor, the digital editor will manage the company’s digital platforms on a daily basis, sourcing and writing stories - both shorter news pieces, and longer features; directing the workflow of junior staff and ensuring their work is of the highest standards; overseeing the production of e-newsletters using online e-marketing tools; liaising with the web developer, commercial team, and SportsPro media partners; contributing pieces to the magazine and other print publications; and supporting the editorial team across a range of other projects, including events.
The individual will also be expected to lead a substantial growth in SportsPro’s digital presence, reporting directly to the managing director in making sure audience KPIs are met; develop and execute a new social media strategy; work with the senior editorial team on planning and on the creation of innovative concepts across all platforms; and help coordinate key projects with the commercial and marketing teams and with clients.
- The ability to write and edit crisp and accurate copy to deadline
- The ability to juggle multiple projects to multiple deadlines
- A strong understanding of sport and the industry behind it
- A working knowledge of content management systems and digital mail-out platforms
- An excellent understanding of social media channels and their varied audiences and uses
- An understanding of data analytics and how online audiences grow, and a capacity to deliver against objectives
- Familiarity with audio and video editing platforms is preferable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and a willingness to take responsibility within groups; some experience of managing others is advantageous
- Enthusiasm, industry, curiosity and self-motivation
This is an opportunity to play a pivotal role in furthering the progress of a young and dynamic editorial business, and would suit a candidate who has made a strong start in their career and is looking to continue their development in journalism and/or digital content production.
The successful applicant will have:
- Previous experience in media and publishing
- Experience of working on print and online titles
- Positive work ethic, can-do attitude, and plenty of initiative and willingness to learn
- Excellent telephone etiquette and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a team but also proactive and willing to take on increasing responsibilities
- Superb Microsoft office skills expected
- Interest in the sports sector and desire to actively engage with this audience
The role will be based in London, working standard Monday to Friday office hours, with some opportunity and expectation to travel nationally and internationally outside those hours.
A competitive salary will be offered, depending on experience.
About Henley Media Group
SportsPro is part of the Henley Media Group, a successful diversified media business with conferences, exhibitions, online communities and publications serving sectors ranging from Renewable Energy, Sustainability & Climate Change to Sport Business, Maritime and Humanitarian Aid & Disaster Relief.
To apply, please send a CV, covering letter and a short example of a piece of written work to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7871 0123 and ask for Andy Pilbeam for further information.
Due to the high level of applications we receive we are unable to respond to each application. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks, then you have been unsuccessful in getting to the next stage.